Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Book Club

I have been making up for lost time these last two months here in Belize. I have read quite a few books since arriving in early August, and enjoyed every page. In pursuit of my collage degree I have neglected to read many books over the past 8 years. I read a lot, and enjoyed much of it, but it was all assigned for classes and took on a different flavor when I knew I would have to be able to discuss it the next week or write an essay on it. With my collage degree in hand I now read for myself, often times that means readings that are instructional like text books to refresh my memory of biology or physics, but I am still in control of my reading list and that makes a difference. I just finished reading The Count of Monte Cristo and The Chosen by Chaim Potok. Up for this week is a recommendation from Trey, The Corrections: A Noveli by Jonathan Franzen.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

You should read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" which I am currently reading. I think you would highly enjoy it.